What We Do
Our primary objective is to advocate the end to impunity for international crimes in Nigeria through the domestic implementation of the Rome Statute and the enthronement of the rule of law in Nigeria. We achieve this through:
- Promoting the understanding and awareness of the Rome Statute of the ICC in Nigeria.
- Promoting the domestication of the Rome Statute
- Encouraging the Nigerian government to fulfil and respect its treaty obligations under the statute
- Training on the domestic application of the Statute in Nigeria targeting the police, judicial officers, prosecutors, lawyers, journalists, human rights activists, etc.
- Monitoring and documenting cases of massive violations of human rights in Nigeria in order to identify the victims and the perpetrators and seek redress for the victims.
- Fighting impunity in Nigeria by demanding that those who commit violations of human rights and humanitarian laws are investigated and prosecuted and, where applicable, in the ICC.